This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Thursday, January 12, 2017

Trying another new recipe...Ziti.....

So I apologize, this is not a cooking site. I just seem to have been doing some experimenting recently so why not post it. I have not had time to do anything else for goodness sake. Got to fill up my blog somehow right. so today on facebook I saw a recipe that appealed to me so figured as I had no plans would give her a shot. Here it is. The only comment I have, this being done in a crock pot, is I miss the crunchy cheese on top that you get from baking. However this is so easy that it may be worth the sacrifice.
Slow Cooker Baked Zita.
.....................


1 pound of turkey burger (I don't use beef)
1 onion finely chopped
1 teasp minced garlic
1 teasp salt
1 teasp dried Basil
1 teasp dried parsley
1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz
1 jar of pasta sauce.
2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (or Water)
Salt to taste.
1 box of Penne pasta or Ziti about 4 cups
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese.


In a large skillet cook the ground meat and add the onions till browned.
Put everything (except the pasta) in the slow cooker on high. Cook on high for 3 hours.As nothing is actually raw you can adjust this time to your needs.
 photo 20170112_102337_zpsxo71ebvh.jpg
About an hour before your are ready to eat add the pasta.
 photo 20170112_161103_zpsk9fyvznw.jpg
Once the Pasta is cooked turn the cooker to warm until ready to eat.
Then stir it and add the cheese on top. Replace the lid and wait until the cheese is melted. Serve with warm bread?.
I have to say it was really good. My husband had two helpings.

 photo 20170112_163748_zpsbhr0vyjw.jpg

 photo 20170112_163805_zps0v1bvbof.jpg


I adapted this recipe from Recipe Rebel on Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Janice, I love your recipes! Thank you! This looks so good! I would have had two helpings too! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you