This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Sunday, November 27, 2016

Quick trip to the Thrift..........................

On Friday after Thanksgiving we finally got to take the 4 poodles in to Brenda, the groomers. We had to put it off because of Bijou having surgery. Well we got the stitches out and dealt with the flea invasion and so she is all set. So along with surgery and grooming, there goes Christmas. That's OK. I have to...... I really do have to, get used to this. We can no longer afford to do all the splurging that we always do at Christmas. Each year has got leaner. Well this year I really will try to keep to what I said. So, here is this years plan. I am going to go through all my Christmas stuff. Oh boy!!!!!!
 photo 102_0176_zps3qckaahs.jpg
Just to show you the monumental task this will be........
 photo 102_0178_zpsyppf1z2v.jpg
 photo 102_0177_zpst0jrso1f.jpg
I love Christmas decorations, almost as much as I love Christmas shopping, planning and buying gifts. Well when you put it all together and really look. I sort of over do things. I am not happy with just a few special things I have to do it all the way. Every year I have put away every ornament and picture in every room. Replacing them with Christmas stuff. When it's time to put away christmas it is my chance to do some Spring Cleaning. I have always really enjoyed that. Well.............I just can't do it anymore. It takes a whole day for Gerry to drag the stuff upstairs and then I pack up everything and he hauls it all downstairs to storage. Then all the empty boxes once I have put every out. Then in January sometime we do it all in reverse. I just don't want to do it any more.
So this next week I will go through all the boxes. I will decorate what I feel like doing and then as I go along I will select things to put aside for the girls and give Laura and Carrie a bunch of things. I will even set some aside for Tristen. He likes the little train that runs around the Christmas tree and I have his baby tree ornaments.
christmas dividers photo: dividers 1029e2b8b742a9c59d9333a644ec3219_we.gif
So this is two of the poodles after their grooming.
 photo 102_0171_zpsmbbgr7zi.jpg
Bijou and Bella.
 photo 102_0175_zpscajhwjpx.jpg
The groomers is right near my Thrift Shop so naturally I just had to go in and check it out.
They had a lot of Christmas stuff.........I picked up a couple of wreaths and a Santa and a couple of snowmen. Then I put them back. Well look above.............do I need them? NO NO NO.

 photo 102_0166_zpsrgfrqpnn.jpg
What I did get, two purses that looked new. A glass candy dish. (can't resist glass) A nice Christmas can/box that I can use for treats to give away and a couple of books.
 photo 102_0165_zpsew6klhaa.jpg
I wanted a new purse, and the yellow one was just right for me for summer. I had looked at yellow ones at Kohls and resisted so that was nice.
 photo 102_0161_zpsg2vbagpu.jpg
The Yellow one and a nice red one that I liked.
 photo 102_0164_zpsxirdg6wz.jpg
 photo 102_0163_zpsafqouvln.jpg
 photo 102_0166_zpsrgfrqpnn.jpg
So I was very good and totally resisted the Christmas stuff.
I may have already got one of the books but hey I can pass that on no worry.

2 comments:

  1. Janice you make me laugh! When I was reading how good you were at the thrift store! LOL! Your poodles look so cute in their pink coats! I'm happy Bijou is all good! Wow, you have a lot of decorations!!! I don't blame you for cutting back, it is a lot of work! But, as long as you are happy and everyone else is too, that is the main thing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you