This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Monday, November 21, 2016

A little light cooking...............

Yesterday I came across a recipe for cabbage. Hmmmmmm and I had a small cabbage in my fridge that had no plans. Well, we had picked up a Rotisserie chicken when we went shopping. They make at least three meals for us. Sometimes four.
Well I thought I would try the cabbage dish to go with it.

 photo 1-text-550-twice-cooked-cabbage-kalynskitchen_zpsddrtotq6.jpg

It sounded good. So I gave it a shot and I thought it was awesome. Different. I could have eaten a lot more that's for sure and it's probably not very high in calories, well it wouldn't be if you don't slather it in cheese like I did.
 photo twice-cooked-cabbage-1_zpsxor7qzye.jpg

Well what you do with this dish...... is first in a large frying pan cook your bacon. Now, I am not giving measurements because it depends on your taste and how much you want to make.
You will need Bacon, onions, cabbage, sour cream and cheese. You will also need Paprika, Salt and pepper.
Now when the bacon is cooked (either cut it up or do that before frying, or crumble it doesn't matter) Chop up a large onion and fry that in with the bacon until tender. Also add the cabbage, make that shredded sort of like you would for Coleslaw. So as they are cooking, and you may need to add some olive oil if you use Turkey Bacon like I did. Sprinkle on maybe a teaspoon each of Paprika, salt and pepper. Fresh ground pepper is best. Stir that all until its blended and turn out into an oven dish.
On top of the cabbage mix cover with a cup or sour cream and on top of that the grated cheese. Both should be enough to cover the cabbage. I used a lot of cheese. Yummy.
This could very easily be modified to make a main dish but as it is, it's a great side dish.
We certainly enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you