This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Year.................

Here is comes, 2016. Can you even believe that? Time passes so quickly now. Maybe it always did but it seems childhood was forever and a day. That summers were so long and free. Now they spin on by like I am on a slide getting ever faster and faster. My Dad was 68 when he died and I have lived longer than him. It does not seem very "old". Mum was 71 when she died. Will I do better?
Do you have traditions? No, we don't I don't even bother to stay up most New Years Eves any more. There was a time long ago when we would go out and party. Seems like another lifetime, a different person.
The most fun and memorable New Year was while living in London and I have told that story before
 photo cx6_zpsyhdzs5xj.jpg
I can't think of any others that even came close. For a few years we would go out with friends to parties and stay for breakfast but they are really not memorable. Just fun times long ago.
I don't go in for watching parades or any of that stuff, we have no traditions for NYE.
 photo 2016_zpsfofvouxg.jpg
When Tristen was small he was obsessed with the fireworks. At that time we did watch fireworks around the world.
Now one thing I do, that I have done for as long as I can remember is to keep a diary. That turned into keeping a journal. It helps me to keep track of birthdays and other important things. When to pay bills etc. The first thing that goes into the new book is my list of goals for the New Year. Not resolutions but ideas, things I would like to try or get done. When the end of the year comes I can see what I have accomplished, or not. I love doing that. It gives me a sense of fulfillment. One thing that is always on the list is weight. That is a given. I did loose 18 pounds last year but put back about 6. So my goal will be the same this year, lose 20 pounds.
 photo 2014-02-20 2014-02-20 001 007_zpsrlcbpkja.jpg
some people keep art journals and I do a sketchbook but this is different.
I don't mind sharing some of my goals.
I need to get back on my diet and loose 20pounds to keep my blood under control (sugar)
I want to paint some pictures with the idea of selling in an ETSY or Facebook shop.
Same thing with sewing. I want to make felt objects and small quilting projects to sell.
I need to use up my "stash"
I have not set this goal in awhile, but I would like to try a new recipe at least once a month.
Use those dang cook books I have piled up.
Make all my Christmas gifts for next year out of things I already have on hand.
Pay off my main credit card or at least pay it down.
work on the house and update it.
Get out hiking as much as possible this summer, collect things from nature for inspiration in art.
learn to make jewelry
OH and so much more that I will share in due course. That's enough for now. My journal serves to keep track and to inspire. I like it when they have inspirational verses, I had a nice one last year but this year I got a Marjolein Bastin
 photo 77704ba57ccc8b9051581782e25e025e_zpsoh2v7eco.jpg
I like her art work. I find that inspiring because she draws and paints things I enjoy. I like to see a lot of goals, the more I write down the more I am likely to see completed.
I need to go through all the packed away boxes downstairs and see what I can put in a Spring garage sale. I have plenty of time to sort and price ready for that. Then towards the end of the year I will go through my Christmas stuff and see what can be given away to Kids and grandkids.
All I have to do is get rid of this dang cold/cough so I can get started.

3 comments:

  1. Janice, I hope you get rid of your cold soon! Happy New Year my friend :) I know you will accomplish your list! Congrats on the weight you have lost so far! We don't do anything special for New Years Eve. Never really have. And, I am usually in bed before the new year comes in! LOL! This year, one of my biggest goals is to be me! And, to love me! And, be the best me I can be :) Oh, of course, keep doing my art :)! Big Hugs :) (I want to pay down my credit card too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best I hope you do all the things you want to do and happy new year.
    Merle.......

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you