This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Zentangle.......

I bought a little black drawing book. It turned out to be not what I was needing. Not good at all for watercolour. So.....what to do. I had wanted to try Zentangle. At first I could not see the point to it, but then once I tried I enjoyed the experience. Zen is the key word.....it is really just a relaxing way of working with "tangles" or doodles for want of a better word. I find its simple to do and enjoyable, no preconceived ideas or expectations. Just let the work begin..........here are a few I have done so far. Some simple, some more complicated. I go back to them over and over and add to them when the urge arrises.
 photo 9fa356d0-caf8-4b43-bf4c-21f0d1a771ee_zpsca1ef928.jpg

 photo c905b5ca-537a-405f-872c-d43466060ef1_zps7c16b7a3.jpg
This one was fun
 photo 8bb5fd58-1c80-438a-bfd8-bedb6dd0f2b5_zpsb99f3314.jpg
This was my first

 photo 550c9722-5bef-4d1f-b8dc-2732094b8331_zpsf9d45811.jpg
 photo cf8c1f58-fa07-4a35-b09f-54c9a1774362_zpsa9bf01af.jpg
They don't show up very well, none of my pictures do. I use my camera to get a shot of them but its usually distorted and faded. Not at all what I expect it to look like. Anyway........I wont bore us with any more, its more fun to do than to look at. I have bought a couple of books on the subject (of course I did) and enjoy the experimenting. I will fill the one book and leave it at that. I had Reina over here the other day and she really enjoyed doing it too. SHe is 7

4 comments:

  1. I 've never had a go at this but a friend of mine did and she found it relaxing too.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, these are fabulous! Maybe I will even try it :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, I too got into Zentangles about a year ago. I was recuping from hip surgery and it was a great way to pass time.. ( besides painting, etc. )
    There are zillions of patterns and no need to think about perspective, composition, color and all that other 'stuff' .. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Janice! I think you are doing really well with them! I have my special bird beside me ;o) And, my special gift is in my bedroom ;o) I am sorry, I'm behind on your poem blog! I will be reading them on the weekend ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you