This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Easy comfort food...........

I do not know what this is called. I make it now and then a friend gave me the recipe many years ago. Its more comfort food for winter evenings.
We had a bag of potatoes that needed to be used up. My husband peeled and cooked them. First day we had them fried up and the rest I used today.
You will need some ground beef. Boiled cooked potatoes.
I probably had about a pound and a half of ground beef.One large onion. A can of green beans. A can of cream of mushroom soup. One can of milk. Salt and pepper and I put in some parsley. (dried)

 photo 107_0018_zpsa1e16511.jpg

 photo 107_0019_zps8707430d.jpg

 photo 107_0020_zpsd56219fe.jpg

Slice the potatoes and onions and drain the meat.

 photo 107_0022_zps867ed3c3.jpg
Put the condensed cream of mushroom soup in a bowl. Pour in the can of milk add salt and pepper. whisk.

Spray the dish you will bake this in with Pam or spread butter around the dish. Layer the potatoes, onions, green beans and parsley flakes and pour on some of the soup mix. Just so that everything is covered right to the bottom.
 photo 107_0026_zpsa5edc094.jpg
Continue to layer and end with potatoes. Pour the last of the soup over the top.


 photo 107_0027_zpsae54e4ce.jpg


Cook at 350 for one hour or until the potatoes look nice and brown.
 photo 107_0034_zpsc7bab6a6.jpg



This was really really good.

 photo 107_0036_zps767f086c.jpg

You can do the whole thing from scratch with uncooked potatoes and raw meat it just takes longer. I preferred this method. The potatoes are just so tender, where as if you do raw they are sometimes chewy if you dont cook long enough.

Linking up with My Turn for Us
Linking up with The crafty block stalker


I made this today (Feb 21) with unpeeled red potatoes, (uncooked) and sausage meat. It was awesome............cook 350 for 2 hours. I bet it would do well in a slow cooker but would not have the nice browned top.




3 comments:

  1. This looks so good!! Great comfort food ;o))) On a snowy day like today, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even understand how I stopped up right here, however I thought this publish used to be great. I don't undеrstand ωho
    yоu aге but definitely yοu аre goіng tο a well-known blogger in cаse you аrе
    nοt alrеaԁy. Ϲheeгs!
    Here is my webpage ... Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop 38. I look forward to seeing what you have to share for this week's party. Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you