This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Sunday, September 30, 2012

Window art,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well maybe it's art? I am not sure, but it was fun. My friend Nancy asked me to go over and decorate windows with broken glass. She said she had made a couple with her daughter and had a lot of fun doing it. I am game .....so I took over my broken window that I got free last time we went on a shop hop (you quilters will know what I mean), we were leaving one shop and saw some old windows laying by the garbage at the building next door. We went and asked if we could have them. So.........free window and broken glass to play with, we set to it. I took over my glass that I got at a garage sale a long time ago along with my stained glass equipment. I figured I may as well use up the glass somehow. No point in keeping it all and never doing it. ITs hard to do in my house with animals and kids. Breaking up glass that is. This is the first attempt by me. You just glue the pieces to the glass in the window. 101_0236 The point is to break up glass, any glass. Old tumblers, bottles, plates .....anything glass. Glue the pieces on in any design pleasing to you. When you are done then hang it up. I wanted to put it by my garage to catch the light. It was hard to get a good picture but here it is. I think its pretty in the light, the sun catches it. I do want to do a couple more, maybe using more colour next time. I did like the white glass though. 101_0251 I added a few "jewels" on top of some of the pieces and liked the effect. I experimented at first using my stained glass and found one can make pictures with the broken pieces. Will do that next time. 101_0255 On the same day while waiting for the glue to dry, we went to a place that sold building supplies along with used furniture and stuff. I found these 3 lamp covers. I think if I stick some coloured "jewels" on them they will look nice in the garden next year. Could always put a candle inside. 101_0233 Linking with Make the Scene Monday At Alderberry Hill also linking with Wow Me Wednesday at Ginger Snap Crafts

1 comment:

  1. That's very interesting and pretty, Janice! I had a couple old windows like that and sold them in a garage sale! Urrgg...wish I'd kept them! It's a great way to recycle old glass, too. One with colored glass would be really pretty, I bet.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you