This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Black Beauty................

Black is beautiful. I can not associate it with evil. It has it's own dark mystery to be sure but no one can deny the beauty. The dark, the shadows, the night.........all is beautiful in its own right. Here are some beautiful horses, fairies and other things to enjoy the dark side of things. horse8722890 I think a black horse is almost a fantasy. The ebony black is rare, but some breeds just manage it so well. BlackFire Every little girl who read the story of Black Beauty wanted a black horse. The story by Anna Sewell was the equivalent of what Charles Dickens did for children. It brought to light the cruelty of the days before cars when horses were worked to death in the mines and in the cities. No one can read the book and not see how wrong it all is and still is today. These animals have feelings and love as we do. Probably better than we do. They are loyal and loving companions and they will work to please as best they can. black_horse_running I like to see them as free spirits, although with a kind human in their lives they can have a longer and healthier life. Fresian I can not imagine that mane and tail in the wild. Fresians are known for them and I would imagine require a LOT of grooming. I not only like Black horses but also black cats, especially Panthers. blackpan In fact I adore black clothes and makeup. Smokey, sultry eyes....... blackmakejpg Cher always looked so good in Black........... Cher2 Somehow, black seems to me as pure as white. Just look at the cats eyes and how the black shows them off to perfection. black-cat_01 Then there are the fairies............... blackfairjpg So black as devoid of colour as white to me is just as pure. I can not stop, I just have to post a few more lovely things...........I love graveyards. I love the silence, the melancholy the angels angel Back to horses......I just adore the long manes and tails, did I already say that? 2hair This one is just so full of freedom, and beauty and high spirits. beauty-1 I could go on but will refrain at least in this post........enjoy the pictures that I have found on the web and gratefully use giving full credit to those who took the pictures and who I do not know.
I am linking this with Make it pretty Monday .

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this. I love black - especially in animals. Our dog is a chow cross and is pure black - even his tongue :) When picking out a pet I will go for the pure black one every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! Beautiful horses. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your photos! As I was reading what all you wrote (about what you like) I felt like I was reading about myself! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your photos! As I was reading what all you wrote (about what you like) I felt like I was reading about myself! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you