This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Monday, September 19, 2011

Tea Time........

Many years ago now my aunt sent me a little book called "A Proper Tea". She sent it to me she said to remind me from whence I came. I enjoyed the book and since then I have collected a few books that have wonderful pictures and tea times vignettes.
Here are a few of the books that I have collected. I enjoy the whole idea of tea time. I started collecting the books that remind me of home. Of how things used to be for me long ago.


Photobucket

I love tea time in England the scones and clotted cream with lovely home made strawberry jam.


Photobucket



Photobucket

I love to collect pretty tea cups and tea pots but I have to photograph them yet. I collect them from various places like garage sales, antique shops, thrift shops. Anywhere that I can find them at a reasonable price.
When I have been home to England, and I have only been able to go back 3 times since I came to the States, I have looked forwards to those cream teas. There is nothing like the bread that one gets there, hot from the bakers oven. Fresh cream butter. The best of all is the cream teas. That means scones or fairy cakes with clotted cream, or Devon cream. My cousin did eclairs full of lovely cream or meringues. Always fresh cream.
I much prefer coffee to tea now but if I do drink it there I like it with just a tiny bit of milk if its a good tea. Here I prefer green tea or black tea with nothing in it. Herb tea with honey.

Photobucket

Don't you just want one? You know you do.

Photobucket

Victoria Sponge the ultimate afternoon tea time cake. Filled with fresh cream naturally.

Photobucket

This is another book worth adding to a collection if you enjoy looking at tea time vignettes and want to know where to have your tea.

Photobucket

This is my first tea time book, it was sent to me by my aunt who is still in England.

Photobucket

You can thank pretty ladies like this for that special cream that makes it all so beautiful.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have quite a few tea books myself and love to browse through them. It's not just about the recipes but the tea tables too inspire one when setting their own tea out.
    Afternoon tea here is a daily ritual between 3 and 3:30 pm. Too bad we don't live closer to have tea together.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you